Saturday, October 31, 2009

La Guru Grande Vitesse


StephaniePage
Originally uploaded by shamacycles
Stephanie is one of my girls who race for me and this year was her first year to race. She did great and is very strong...even though she was on a bike that drove me nuts to try to fit her on and was heavier than some mountain bikes. She really just has a great time riding and loves to go as hard as possible and really challenge herself. Not to mention giving her husband a run for his money when they ride as well. See Stephanie is french and grew up riding in the Alps and loving the tough stuff. Yes...her child hard had to be awful. haha
This past September she finally came to me to say she wanted to get a new bike I could barely control myself. So how does one go about parting out a custom frame for road racing with out going crazy? Well the Geneo frame is very stiff in the bb and offers great acceleration while the seat stays still offer a great deal of comfort...not to mention its one of the nicest fully custom carbon frames you can buy. The paint is a Pearl White with Platinum. In the sun light this frame looks amazing! We chose FSA bars and stem in white for fit and looks...can't go wrong with white powder coat parts on a frame like this. We also used a white headset and spacers. Her Zipp wheels are a couple years old with the old stickers...I couldn't have that so we updated the wheels with new stickers that look MUCH better than the old. We chose Sram Force front and rear D and shifters. Sram Red cranks for the 167.5 length and Enduro Zero ceramic pulley wheels and bb. Zero Gravity GSL brakes stop this rig on a dime. New Ultimate carbon post is super light holding a Selle SMP Forma saddle. This is the first one out as I took this saddle from Interbike. Nokons of course were used for the cables and I even got in some silver Lizard Skin bartape that is not for sale since they thought the color wouldn't sell...I bought the last they had.
I really can't wait to hear about Stephanie's first ride and how great it is! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment