Monday, November 9, 2009

Ironstar Half Ironman 2009


Ironstar 2009 037
Originally uploaded by shamacycles
My first Half Ironman was this race the first year they had it. I will save you all from the pictures of myself at that race...for I did it on a road bike converted to a "tri bike" myself and I fitted myself on it. OMG I laugh at myself for that now...but I think we have all been there....and maybe some of us still are. So this race has a special place in my heart and I love that its still going. This year finally they were back at the newly remodeled Lago Vista Resort. Where all Transitions, start and finish occurred. GREAT for spectating. I hope the new venue will help this race continue to grow as it has one of the prettiest bike legs around.
Taking advantage of my last weekend of not being able to ride I got up early on a Sunday morning trying to figure out why I told anyone I would be there taking pictures of them at the race that morning. It always sounds better a week earlier...but at 6am when its not your ride or race...it takes alot to get there. But once there...its a blast! I drove the course yelling VENGA to all my FOPs out there and if I saw some one struggling I would shout words of encouragement to them as well.
It was fun watching the race...seeing the stories unfold and such.
The FOPs (Friends of Philip) represented well with AG placings and top bike splits as always. But the most fun I think for all was being able to finally pack in their season on a high note.

2 comments: