Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Finally finished with the ULTIMATE CRONO






Ok, this has been quite the project but its done. Last week I received the the Zipp Vuma Crono crankset and a 54/42 at that! Also in yesterday was the Giro Advantage 2 helmet we pursuaded Guru to paint to match the bike. I mean we went this far with it, we might as well go all the way.
Tonight I caught Euan at the park and got a pic of him with the helmet. Wow oh wow oh wow!
I rode the bike a bit myself...my goodness that freaking crank is stiff! I mean two or three hard pedal strokes and you look down wondering what that is...you feel it right away. And of course trying to follow Euan at 31 mph in his 54/13 just plain sucks! Everyone who sees this bike loves it...and then quickly hates it since its now that much harder to keep up with this guy. Yes, he is wearing the kit that is not of Shama Cycles. I pride myself on being able to take care of all racers of all teams, roadies and triathletes alike. It speaks to the uniquiness of what I am able to do at Shama Cycles. Not that other shops can't do this kind of work, just its hard to be able to accept everyday work and still do work on this level of bikes or take the time to do it. Mind you, I don't have hybrids or kids bikes here at all...there is good business there and good people and riders, but you have to stick to what you do best and this is it for me. There is nothing like the pride I have from being at the park, a ride, or where ever and I see a bike I have worked on and see the looks it gets...not to mention the smile on the face of the rider. Again, I love what I do and I get to do what I love.
See ya on the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment