Sunday, December 21, 2008

My weekend is over

So I this morning I woke up kinda late, tired from staying up late the night before, hit the kitchen for some cereal and then a shower. First stop was Home Depot, and about $900 later I was headed to the shop with Starbucks in hand. I finished up taping and getting everything I could prepped for paint. I was feeling like there was so much to do and was not sure how it would all get painted. But after the FOPs showed up and got busy, it was nothing. Phil Trender (DJ P) brought his smaller setup and fed us all some tunes. 12 rollers going out of 25 gallons of Ralph Lauren Rally Red, Gentle Rain light grey, Down Pour darker grey. In 5 hours it was totally transformed and all I have to do is one more final coat of paint in a couple places. We went through some quality pizza and beer as well. Now I should be able to finish the paint on Monday and then hit the carpet either before or after Christmas.
Last Sunday so many things were up in the air and uncertain. Tonight I am sitting in my own shop, that looks really good thanks to the help of alot of friends for various things. Its very comforting to know I have the support of so many great people. So I sit here grateful and looking forward to the next week.
I can not wait to open up and do what I love to do the way I want to do it. Helping people one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment