Friday, July 31, 2009

NYC Triathlon race report


Great shot of an awesome bike and a great fit. Nothing....NOTHING beats custom. Proof is in the results.

Chip time...2:13:08 good enough for 6th in his AG 77th overall out of over 2000 racers.

Ripped and out of the water.

below
Notice the proper post race finishers shot. Shama Cycles tech t and Coach Trent.com hat.
Well done Rich...well done...

With the customer base I am building I am getting race reports from races each weekend it seems and pics to go with sometimes. Its always great to get and love hearing about my athletes having great race days. This one is a great one. Just started racing two years ago, took a year off, came back this year on a Guru Crono and with a vengeance! Thanks Rich for the report and congrats on the great day you had....

Philip,

Thanks for all your help in getting me prepared for the NYC Tri. First of all, your advice to use the HED Jet 6 C2s was right on. They climbed awesome and handled really well in the cross wind even though the roads were nasty wet. Dropping my position by cutting the steerer tube and narrowing the aero bars felt great. On several of the steep descents I caught some nice rest tucking and getting super aero. The guys that I kept trading position with on the ride must have been really confused as I passed them without even peddling...them cranking away in their big ring. When I got off the bike, my legs felt great allowing me to hold a 6:42 pace for 10K. I came in with a PR of 2:13:08; a 7 minute improvement from CapTex earlier this year!

Thanks again man,

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment